To secure full-time employment where I can utilize and expand my skills.
Highlights Of Qualifications
- 9+ years experience in web administration, CGI programming, SQL
- 8+ years experience in UNIX operation, Perl Programming
- Fast paced, responsible worker and team player; motivated quick learner for new technology
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Operating Systems - Extensive experience with Linux, Solaris UNIX, Windows XP/2000/2003, Macintosh X/9
- Internet Services - Expert level knowledge of Web Operations, Secure Site and Server Planning/Purchase, Apache for Linux and Windows, Netscape iPlanet Enterprise Servers, Sun One, IIS 5/6/7, Intranet Management Tools, SSH/SFTP, Linux/Unix/Windows System Administration, Listserv/Majordomo Administration, Certificate request/installation, Kerberos authentication, Security+ training
- Databases - mySQL, Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, Access
- Graphics Programs - Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Freehand
- Development - DreamWeaver, ImageReady, Flash, Acrobat, GoLive, HomeSite, CodeCharge
- Other Software Packages - - PageMaker, Quark Xpress, InDesign, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Ofoto, Omnipage, Persuasion, Director, Antivirus/Antispyware/Firewall, Premiere, various animation and flatbed scanner programs
- Senior Programmer 10/2005 - present
Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, NY (http://www.mailman.hs.columbia.edu)
Develop enterprise applications using PHP, ASP and other programming languages for Dean's Office and departmental uses. Includes Faculty Database, Expert's Guide, Calendar, Broadcast Email. Responsible for back-end portal functionality design and implementation. Assist IT Director in supervising PC Support group (desktop/laptop/network responsibilities) and web developers. Oversee Remedy Action Request ticket system interaction. Security and accessibility evaluation for distance learning initiatives. Single sign-on setup. SLA negotiation.
- Webmaster and Senior Developer 6/2003 - 10/2005
Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY (http://www.cumc.columbia.edu)
Responsible for establishing and maintaining extensive set of web services for major urban academic medical center. This includes full ISP services for campus of 8,000 including health sciences schools and hospitals, web programming, graphic design and development, training, technology assessment, selection and implementation. Disaster planning.
- Webmaster for 65,000 page complex medical website including handling security and authentication policy implementation, managing user accounts, internal and public bulletin boards, editing video for web distribution, graphic and page design.
- Configure, install and maintain server hardware and software including Solaris, Windows 2000/3, iPlanet, IIS, NetTracker, Google search appliance, and utility applications for Unix and Windows server farm, including a load-balancer and Helix Realserver streaming video server. Server installation, configuration, patching, security lockdown, troubleshooting, DNS setup and maintenance, performance evaluation, statistics.
- Manage programming projects and programmers, interview, hire & supervise programmers, develop program requirements both internally and with clients, code structure and review, write contracts. Keep abreast of related social policy and technical issues and carry out long-term planning, evaluation & selection of new technologies. Maintain and enhance purchased enterprise-wide medical applications.
- Write enterprise-wide database-driven web applications which carry out varied internal and public functions, including lab results distribution, calendars, patient status, surveys, voting applications and other online forms, credit-card transactions, custom processing. Usage of PHP/mySQL (LAMP), Java, ASP, Perl depending on the application requirements.
- Create dynamic interactive web-based/multimedia programs for healthcare provider education and certification, including meeting HIPAA regulations and tracking and analyzing responses. Create courses/conference proceedings/presentations for medical education, research (as per grant specifications) and public utilization.
- Assist faculty, staff and students with web orientation, teach web skills, project planning, technical problem-solving, assess user needs and formulate solutions, provide 24/7/365 web on-call services.
- Web Developer 6/97 - 5/2003
The Institute for Genomic Research, Rockville MD (http://www.tigr.org)
Maintaining non-profit organization's inter- and extranet WWW pages, including structure, hierarchy, and graphic design. Graphics and desktop platform support, Perl and SQL scripting; web design instruction
- Server Administration - Administration of the institute's large scale multiple web servers on Unix/Linux platforms running Netscape IPlanet, Enterprise and Apache web servers
- Architect - Architect and manager of intranet and external web presence. Project leader for multiple external site redesigns involving coordinating numerous staff groups
- Tech Support - Providing solutions/suggestions/guidance to other CGI programmers and web developers on web and programming related questions and projects. Desktop support for Mac, PC and Unix platforms. Conference and presentation material preparation and design.
- Internet Services Consultant Projects, 2000 present
- The Cliffs at Valhanna http://www.thecliffsclimbing.com - Developing full website for new rock climbing gym including programming custom PHP applications featuring a calendar, lesson scheduling, and searchable client updatable photo gallery
- World Wildlife Fund - A 6-month project, primarily using MS Access and VB Script. Devised a system to import and manipulate Ecosystem data for the Global 200 and the Terrestrial Ecoregion project (http://www.worldwildlife.org/wildworld/). Customized translation utilities and directed content input standardization.
- Chartwell Investments (http://www.chartwellinvestments.com/) - Developed initial client web site for presentation in order to successfully secure full web presence design project funding.
- Inventive Marketing - Completely developed over 20 career sites for various industries including the Green Industry Jobs portal (http://www.greenindustryjobs.com). Site construction consisted of architecting, database setup and scripting, and page and graphic design. Facilitated the transition from co-location Unix servers to dedicated hosting on NT servers running Microsoft IIS.
- Web Developer and Graphics Author 9/96 - 6/97
AppliedTheory, Liverpool, NY (http://www.appliedtheory.com)
Authored wide variety of WWW pages, from Client to Corporate pages. Utilized Perl and Java scripts. Web site maintenance, configuration. Graphics design. Firewall access. Server and system administration.
- Computer Systems Consultant 9/95 - 9/96
Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
Provided assistance with complete range of campus software at Faculty Academic Computing Support Services. Plan and teach Faculty Workshops, address specific computing needs of Faculty and other campus educators. Hardware and software troubleshooting on all platforms. Graphic design, WWW page design and maintenance, Network communications. Phone, in-person Help Desk, and email consulting support.
- Teaching Fellow 9/94 - 9/95
Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
New Teaching Assistant Orientation planning and implementation. Created new computer accounts and performed software instruction for new and experienced users on several platforms.
- Teaching Assistant 9/93 - 9/95
Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
Conducted computer lab sessions to aid in the 200-level Introduction to Computer Aided Design course, lectures/information sessions, assisted students with all phases of the class, and created teaching materials for various class levels. Proctored in the Multidisciplinary Analysis and Design Lab.
- Graphic Designer 12/92 - 9/93
Fountain Technologies, Somerset, NJ
Planned and designed computer manuals, company logos, magazine advertisements, and interactive demonstrations using Windows drawing and page layout software and multimedia authoring tools.
- Computer Consultant 12/92 - 9/93
State of the Art Prep, Inc., Bound Brook, NJ
Provided services relating to hardware and software installation and usage. Operated with tape backup drives, file transfers, and prepress utilities.
Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York
Graduate Program: Manufacturing Engineering
Focus: Computer Aided Design
Student Activities: American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Captain of Ultimate Team
Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey
Degree: Bachelor of Science
Major: Mechanical Engineering with Aerospace Option
Student Activities: American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, ASME, Ultimate Team
Honors and Awards
Outstanding Teaching Assistant, Teaching Fellowship at Syracuse
2001 Ultimate Nationals
My hobbies include electronic music and caring for our home planet.
References and more expansive portfolio available upon request